Quadruple Arch Stone Bridge
Bridge over the South Branch of the Raritan River - Center of Long Valley
The Quadruple Arch Stone Bridge carrying Route 24 over South Branch of the Raritan River dates to about 1870. The bridge is one of the few stone arch road bridges left in Morris County. The four segmental arches make this an exceptionally long span across the river. The road-bed is two narrow lanes. The bridge is constructed of random fieldstoneand the sidewalks are topped by flat-stone. Until the summer of 1976
there was a iron frame walkway across the bridge on the east side. The walkway was probably of early 20th century construction.